Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 31, 2011

Cari Makan:Nagomi @ KL

Been slacking around.  Watched the Green Hornet yesterday before having my face placed in the hall of shame for flunking my IELTS.  Nonetheless, it is time to move on. Still plenty of chances, so I though yeah, whatever.  8.5 8.5 7.5 6.5 and life goes on.  Feeling a bit down yesterday, darling and I treated ourselves to some yummy Thai food @ Good Evening Bangkok at 1Utama after the movie.  Their chicken and coconut mushroom soup was the bomb with their red curry chicken faring well too.  And this morning, *BOOM* went the toilet ahah.  And for lunch today, my parents brought me to Menara Hap Seng to pick up my birth certificate before having lunch there.  We decided to go for a Japanese meal at Nagomi which is situated in Menara Hap Seng itself.  Mom has been here once before and the food here is not bad, so she thought that we’d give it a try.

IMG_0496
Sitting in the restaurant I saw this.  Can you see the similarity between these buildings.  All white in colour with a fairly identical curvy corner design.

Decided to snap a shot of mom and dad!
IMG_0497
Smile parents! Thanks for the lunch ;-)!  The place had a fairly nice interior.  Surprisingly, there wasn’t too many people there for lunch.  The price was not cheap but not killer either.


After studying the menu, I realise that I did not have too many choices.  There was lots of sashimi and fish dishes everywhere! Not really my kind of stuff.  In the end, I settled for the spider roll!
IMG_0498
It felt quite a lot despite the small size of each sushi.  But the plate was huge though @@! But I think the best dish was the salmon teriyaki that mom ordered.  Really delicious. There were heaps of ginger in there for sure and it diminished my concern for foul smelling seafood!  Dad had the chicken katsu which was below mediocre.  Not the way I liked anyways ahah.  Not to mention, it felt as if it was under-fried and drenched in oil @@!

I enjoyed the meal at Nagomi, good stuff.  Nice ambience,as it was really quiet!  The fish that mom ordered was definitely a standout!  On a different note, CNY is soon and not clothes at the moment @@! Fred Perry? The hype is killing, so is the price tag.  Maybe I will get just one because I like the colour a lot!! Ok then, over and out!

WenY