Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cari Makan: Humble Chef @ Pusat Bandar Damansara

To my dismay, the buzz in the street was palpable.  Just moments earlier, before the duo setup their stage, the streets were so quiet and empty that it felt as if like they were not coming.  The Humble Chef is a household name for most people who study or live in the Damansara-PJ-Kl area.  With little to offer in its menu, it sparkles where it should.  Price and quality.  With fancy food such as pastas and pita, I was expecting a little cafe of some sort.  But instead, I was surprised by a food van. Operated by a modest crew of two, the van opens outside the street of McDonalds at HELP College above the highway.  Anytime between 9.30 till late, you can expect them to be there.
Speaking of the place located by the roadside and above the highway, we had quite some view ahah.
IMG_0490
Patron queuing up for their food.  Presumably takeaways.
As I was super hungry after the Havaianas launch party, Yobi decided to bring  me here to try out their delicious Lamb Pita as well as the Lamb Omelette.  But of course his two sisters are to be thanked for their suggestions.  And thanks to Yobi for bringing me to the Havaianas event.  Quite a good one.  Although I did not take any alcoholic beverage, the free soft drinks were good as well. =D!  The tapas served were miserable but substantial enough to last for a while.

On the food, we ordered:
IMG_0486
Lamb Pita!! The pita bread was filled with lettuce, and overflowing with minced lamb mixture.  The lamb mixture was a tasty combination of mayonnaise and I felt some cheese in there too!  Definitely a steal at Rm4.

IMG_0482
While the lamb omelette was not the most presentable, it tasted pretty good. It only costed Rm2.50 and it was the same size like the pita bread.. Almost.  The omelette was stuffed with the same ingredients like the one in the lamb pita.  However, it did not go as well as the pita bread did.

After having two of those, I was not hungry but was not excessively full.  A sufficient amount for the night I have to say.  I took some other pics too.
The humble chefs at work in their little van
IMG_0491

The menu
IMG_0488
Errr? Rm5?Rm4?Rm2.5?  I thought they never existed anymore! Apparently not!

Yummy stuff! Loved it!  Definitely worth coming back when other places feels over-visited. 

WenY