Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Kuala Lumpur: Morning on the Older Side of Town.

Just yesterday, I slept at 5 in the morning and after merely sleeping for 4 hours, my dad woke me up… *yawns*! It was time to get ready and head of to the big city.  KL is massive and although I have been there quite a fair bit, I have absolutely no idea how to get around in town.  @.@!  Such a noob but oh well, life goes on.

The first stop was for breakfast.  We went to a place called Selayang, which I assume is an older part of KL.  Some pictures I took using my Iphone when we crossed through the market from the car park.
photo (1)
Does not look very different from a typically wet market on a Saturday morning. Oh, but the air is a little dirtier I realise. 

After walking through the market along Jalan Tiong Nam, we sat by a large tree to have our meal.  The lady does her business on a mobile stall.  From the picture above, we sat at the big tree which should be quite obvious ahah.  And she sells…
photo
Yummy fish ball noodles soup :).  I liked the fried fish ball in particular.  Very yummy.  I was starving and did not bother much about the dodgy surrounding.  It really did not matter with my stomach growling so loudly.  The price was good, the taste was good.  What else was there to complain about?  This lady only works in the morning and charges 4 bucks for a hearty bowl of noodle soup only.  It is really cheap.  And GOOD.

Once we were done, dad, aunty and my cousin visited an old apartment which my grandfather used to own.  Now that his time has passed, its been left to his “kids” to manage.  It is really old I must insist.  With only 2 lifts servicing the whole place, things can get pretty tiring when it breaks down.  Not to mention, this place has drug pushers and sort =X!  God damned scary.  Back in those days, living here was a luxury.  Not so much of a luxury now huh?  But it has served its time I’d suppose.  Plus is has views too.  No sight of the KL tower or the twin tower, KLCC but a bit of the skyline of this ever growing city of chaos.
photo (2)
The newer side of the city from the old building!

That is it for my morning.  Time to get some sleep :P and oh, I have decided to bring my camera out for real.  No more forgetting :P!  Hoping to get some nice pictures up ahaha!

WenY