Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dad’s Birthday: Kam Lun Tai @ Sri Petaling.

Yesterday was my dad’s birthday.  And ditching a bragging fact that Petaling Jaya has pretty good food on its own, my mom decided to try a restaurant which has long been known for their famous moon cakes; the Kam Lun Tai Restaurant.  So we started our journey at 6.15pm hoping that 45 minutes would be enough to reach the place, but we were wrong.  The traffic jam on the highway leading to the place was insanity.  We were locked in the car under slight drizzle for almost an hour.  When we reached, we were pretty much the only customer.  *freezes in fear* <---- Normal Asian Reaction.

 

Fortunately, the Kam Lun Tai brand held its name well as a food establishment in the country.  Overall, the quality of the food was plausible but a little expensive!!  The first dish we had that night was the Hot Four Seasons.

IMG_7709

Om nom nom nom!  Comparing this to a one I had recently, this was heaps better.  I realise that the combination of Boxing Chicken/Meat Rolls/Chicken Stir-fry/Mushroom Tempura  might seem a bit too childish for an adults birthday dinner, but this was seriously yummy!  The mushroom tempura even tricked us to think it was yam or squid. 

 

After the four seasons, the next Chinese dish you would normally see is the…

IMG_7711

Sharks Fin Soup!! Ok, the thing about me is that I do not enjoy pricey Chinese delicacies with the exception of scallops.  No Abalone, no shark fin, no sea cucumber.  But my parents thought that the soup was OK only.  I guess it is ok too?

 

Next up was one of the best dishes of the night.  The Deep Fried Sea Grouper with a Thai Style Onion Salad!

IMG_7716

Haha, this fish looks like a ship that has just capsized. 

 

IMG_7717

Served on my plate :)!  Because my mom told them to let us use the sauce to our own liking, the fish slices were still crispy and not soggy in anyway. That was until I put the sauce on mine ;)

 

And part of a ongoing tradition, the long life noodles!

IMG_7723

I have to say, this noodles did not taste good at all @.@!  The taste was soooo lacking of something.  It is as if the chefs decided to be stingy on something.  Did not work out for me at all =X.  Maybe I like salty food?  More taste would have been lovely! 

 

We also had a vegetable dish and a prawn dish which was OK only I think.  I can cook those two better I think ahah.  The availability of instant cereal prawn sachets makes it possible :P!  And the dessert of the night was swapped for something more conservative hoho!

IMG_7740

The bun in a bun?  No idea what this is called in Chinese but inside that big bun was heaps of other smaller buns.  Its my first time having this after so many years @.@!

 

After eating all these yummy stuff I decided that I should put up some family pictures since I KNOW that all my family members click on my bloggy all the time ahahah.  Time for some introduction.  But there is only 30% or them here I think.  The rest are in Australia and Singapore.  Even my nigga sister is missing. ZzzzZ!

IMG_7727

Dad and Mom.  Dad is now 1 year young of 60 years old hehe!

 

IMG_7728

My cousin and Sam Ku who gave me so much ang pau money this time @.@!  The picture quality here is deplorable!!! Took this three times on manual, and it still did not look good! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

 

IMG_7730

My 2 cousins and their parents.  I was besties with Zen (top left) every since I was a midget.  Still am.  And ahah, her hairstyle has NEVER changed. And the budding men of the family, little Cyrus.  And yes, my aunty Chris and Sei Suk gave me a big ang pau too.  Pai seh >.<!

 

IMG_7731

The small family that celebrated my dad’s birthday.  And DAMN DAWG>!!! Why are my people pictures so blur!! *emo-fied*!!

 

Ok peeps, it is time for me to sleep hohoho!

 

WenY