Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, December 30, 2010

D3100: New Player in Town.

It’s 2.30am and I’m not really up to anything so I thought, “Why not come on?”. And so I did.  Here I am now, going to show to all of you, my new camera!! :P! A big gift from the little darling and my mates.  Much thanks and love to the little darling.  And my friends, arigato!!!! Since purchasing it, I have been using it quite a fair bit and boy its not simple.  I thought like my camera, all it does when I take a photo was one click.  But apparently not.  When I press the shutter, it does a double snap with a noise that goes like  *grr*  *grr*.  Sounds like its asking for some doggy treats but sorry.  Don’t see any mouth to feed treats into it.  Ok now I’m really talking rubbish! HAhahah!
Nikon-D3100-Entry-level-DSLR-front
D3100.  Bought it for RM1900 at Damansara Uptown on top of the bicycle shop next to Park Village Cafe.  Owner was super nice and friendly!

I have not been using it to its fullest potential just yet.  I have tinkered with the aperture, manual and shutter speed priority modes as of now.  Been having some problems with macro.  And I found that I get the best macros when I use the manual mode and with the auto-focus switched off.  Which means I need to focus the lens, zoom the lens and click the shutter after I set the ISO, the shutter speed and the aperture.  Oh god bless me.  But I LIKE IT.  I feel involved at every level of photography mechanics.  And fortunately, my favourite subject, food, has no problem staying still for me!:P

The camera also boasts one of the friendliest guide mode in its class. This mode is perfect for people who have absolutely no idea what the camera is capable of. It has features all packed into one mode.  It is pretty much an auto mode but lets you spin one of the dials hoping to make you feel like a professional.  But all you really do is just control the shutter speed/aperture.  HAhahahaha.

On a different note, the little darling is somewhere in Switzerland skiing and hitting kids with her ski rods.  Sounds fun!  And now, there are more reasons to like the IPhone4.  Free calls anywhere, so long as there is internet :)!!
DSC_0002
The little darling.  Her hair seems a little bushy. hahahaha.  The frost probably got her Keratin all hardened at molecular level.
DSC_0001
And that’s me, and the toy. 

Ok now, only 10 minutes have passed.  God the night is long.

WenY