Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Cari Makan: Shihlin Taiwanese Delights @ 1Utama

I have been to 1Utama quite a fair bit since I was a kid.  But never once was I tempted to try the little snack places scattered all over the complex.  It was normally O’Brien Sandwiches, Sushi, Pasta, Chinese Hawker or American.   That was until my housemates back in Perth started talking about all the delicious food offered by small Taiwanese snack stalls.  I was dubious about the yumminess of these snacks because if it was yummy, I would have known.  Apparently not ahah.  I only noticed this place a few days ago.  The fact that two of this similar snack stalls are located in this complex only throws me into deeper embarrassment when I consider myself a local. 
IMG_0314
But let bygones be bygones.  I finally made up for it by doing a double dose in my recent visit to 1Utama.  I decided to try two things.  One was the XXL Chicken which was super damn big and only cost 6 bucks.  The other was the sweet potato fries which was delicious!  I enjoyed both :)!
The chicken was super big.  Could have fed two people and I enjoyed the garlicky powder they used to season the chicken after it has been fried.  My sister said the one in Taiwan was tastier, and it was done differently.  Not sure how different it is, but this one was already pretty damn good!  But there was just one problem, and it was the sogginess of the skin when you try to walk around enjoying each bite slowly!! BOOOOo!! Lastly, the fries were yummy and the pepper-salty powder in which the snacks were tossed in was good!   However, not all the potatoes were ripe so some were a bit harder than others heeh!

So if anyone visits 1Utama, I would recommend  you to have this snack.  Definitely a preferred option over those fancy cafes that are nothing more than wannabes.  Do not be deceived by the pretentious decor of the fancy cafes.  You would be better off with these snacks rather than those offered by the fancy restaurants :P!

WenY