Nuffnang Ads

Friday, December 10, 2010

Bites: Levain Boulangerie Patisserie @ Kuala Lumpur

It has been a splendid holiday so far.  Mom and dad spent a few days last week to bring my sis and I around town.  One of the places we ate at, was Levain Boulangerie Patisserie.  It is the talk of the town  and is still pretty hot from what I observed.  The place is packed even before lunch time and I believe, even crazier during lunch time itself.  We went there at 11 for brunch as advised by the baker.  This was because most of the stuff comes out fresh from the oven at that time.  Mom, dad and sis went there once for evening tea, and there was hardly anything left :’-(. 

IMG_0299One of the photos with the effect from Instagram.  I love that logo of theirs next to the name.  The girl with a bike which has a trolley attached to it, filled with French loaves.  It adds class to an already fancy name.  Or maybe it only applies to me who is illiterate in French. xD!   “Boulangerie” Okkkkkkkkkkk!  As if I know what that means, but it does not matter.  In the end, it is the money and taste that tells me whether I should be back here for a second time.

 

On the food, I do not have individual pictures, but I do have a bunch of stacked up pastries :)!

IMG_0298

On the top right is a pastry with macadamia and pistachios.  It has a sweetish crust with nuts and seed sin it.  Really delicious and simple.  But, nothing gets simpler than the donut twist in the middle, my sister loves it.  But truth be said, she would fall for any similar doughnut sold at any other bakeries!  The Mango cheese tart is the first one I’m having in my trip back to Malaysia, and I love it.  I love pretty much everything which cheese.  Not sure what a picky eater would say.  And on the bottom left, we have the curry chicken doughnut.  It was yummy as well.  And not on picture was the turkey pizza.  I kinda liked it.  Very cheesy and generous on ingredients!  Verdict?  OMG.

Is this all so truthfully delicious or am I just psyched up from my holiday mood.  My mom frequents this place when she was placed in KL; bringing her friends and clients for business talk and sort, and she says its a nice place.  But I cannot really tell. Moreover,  I have never been a big fan of pastries.  I just love eating. Oh, and something happened here.  My mom’s coffee had lipstick stain. so she demanded a change and we got something for free, a Durian Cheesecake!! Uh-oh!!

IMG_0300The complementary Durian Cheesecake, or more like a compensation from going into a lawsuit.  What can I say about it? Cheesy, yummy, and oh, free!

 

The environment here is nice and pleasant.  Pretty quiet too!  Also, the prices for the pastries are decent.  About 3-5 ringgit each depending on what you pick.  But the killer for me were the drinks. Coffee starts at 8 a cup.  Iced Chocolate goes for 12 bucks.  That was all a bit crazy!  Nonetheless, what you pay, you get.  Its quality stuff here!!!Rwarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! More updates soon!!

 

WenY