Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Melbourne: The Philip Island tour.

Some update on my recent happenings, I just came back from a killer steamboat @ Vil’s place before finishing the meal with a 2kg Korean barbecue meat fest by his pool with just 5 people.  I do not think sleeping nor showering is too favoured at the moment so here I am.  Xin Ling has gotten herself the new Iphone4 after queuing for almost 6 hours. I on the other hand was devastated to find out that the call centre messed up on their information about my delivery time.  She confused days for weeks! Bloody disappointing but fair enough, it should be in my hands this week I hope?  I was waiting with XinLing so I could have just helped myself to one really =X Bummer!!  But its ok, I was never too keen to keep up with the hype.  But it really does look beautiful.  I’m no hardcore mobile warrior so really, the aesthetics are somewhat the more important feature for me hoho!

Winding the clock back a bit to my trip in Melbourne, we went on another tour to Philips Island after deciding that spending 90 bucks on a tour is cheaper than spending 200 bucks on shopping.  Ahaha even now the hole in the pocket has yet to be mended for the little girl. xD  The main highlight to Philip Island was meant to be the penguins, but at the end of the day, it was the other activities which brought more joy to us.
IMG_7135
The sleeping devils.  Look like angels don’t they? :D!

IMG_7169
hahahaha look at her smile. So distorted, but she was nervous as hell really.

IMG_7171
Me feeding the kangaroo, this kangaroo was the centre of attraction because it is bloody big.  Like seriously.  It’s probably slouching or something in this picture.

IMG_7178
Kelvin xD! Kelvin’s hidden hand on the right looks as if he is ready to slap the kangaroo if it does anything funny xD!!

After the trip to the animal reserve, we headed over to a beach. A lovely one I must insist.  SO happy just to be there doing nothing.  Sometimes you just get the feeling right?  “Happy to just do nothing” that kind.
IMG_7186
This beach however was no match for Cottesloe beach.  Still more pristine and populated with good looking people xD ahaha.  Even the tour guide which hails from Perth thinks so too. ahaha

IMG_7208
The uncle’s height = 6ft, my jump 6.5ft.  No joke its the shoe. Oh wait its not a pair of Jordans.  Must be me then. xD no la ahaha jk jk.

IMG_7190
Heyya!

IMG_7199
XOXOXOXO. xD!

Later on after doing all the monkey acts on the beach, we recouped and our next destination was the seal observatory in which you have to view the seals by hiring a remote camera.  How lame.  Why not just watch National Geographic.  So instead, I walked about and tried to take a few pictures of waves smashing against the rocky coast.
IMG_7232
Liked the way it smashed when viewed through my eyes.  Not my camera  :(!!  This occurrence of nature is one spectacular show that occurs every minute.  Funny thing how we overlook this beauty so easily.

IMG_7236
Stairs by the hillside.

IMG_7238
On the other side of the hill. So niceeeee!  But I think it could have been a whole lot better if it was not so rush that day.  All because of those midget penguins booooooooooo!  And believe it or not, we waited for the penguins for like 1 hours only to see the timid side of them.  Each time they came up to the shore after a day of hunting, they just run back into their little hole.  And no pictures allow because their eyes are too sensitive.  So yeah, we wasted the whole night being cold and hungry just to see things we thought was cute when we were young :(!  Truth be said, penguins actually looks quite evil @.@!  Their eyes are so full with intent. Ackkk! But the kangaroo, wombat and other stuff was quite fun though.  It was only the night that felt wasted!  But on the bright side, we did get to eat kangaroo and crocodile meat pizza eheh.  Something different but with an OK only taste.  Do not fancy those kind of meat of which one animal I consider very fun to feed.

WenY