Nuffnang Ads

Friday, July 9, 2010

Bites: Lindt Cafe @ Chadstone Shopping Centre (Melbourne)

Spain’s well deserved victory over Germany means I deserve to celebrate too! Hoho!  Yesterday I went to Chadstone using the free shuttle bus for visitors.  The bus departs from the intersection of Flinders St. and Russell St. I think.  There was not a lot of sales going on so I did not buy much :(!  But its ok, I managed to try something I’ve been craving for a long long time!
IMG_7052
Lindt Strawberry Fondue.  The assortments that came with it was quite nice :)!  But the chocolate dip was miserable :(!

IMG_7064
The hot chocolate there was more of a learn-how-to experience than a hot chocolate experience.  Lindt gives you a small pot of melted chocolate and a mug of hot milk.  The mixing is left for you to do.  Unfortunately, I did not think this was a very good idea because I want to taste what Lindt calls “excellence”.  Nonetheless lil girl managed to make a nice drink with a “Stussy” looking design on the froth ahah.

We also had a cake to accompany our afternoon tea! And that cake was far too sweet.  Such a poison @.@!!  I have to rant here that Lindt cafe is very well above what the general public perceive as affordable.  Its cakes start from $12.50 onwards and its quality is no more than FAIR.  Fortunately a good companion and a few friends made the disappointment a whole lot easier to forgo.
IMG_7063
My darling :D To those who still do not know who she is yet.  Especially my good friend and my buddy of 10 years Leow Zhan Sheng :)!

IMG_7061
My housemate Kelvin!

IMG_7066
A fondue spike mace.

IMG_7072
Om nom nom nom nom!

Luckily for me, my Max Brenner experience today was a whole lot better!  More on my trip soon!!  Lets see what magic Germany conjures tonight!

WenY