Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fremantle Friday: Market Eats.

Today I left work early :D! Hohoho! But even then, I worked at least 5.5 hours as I always go to office early + I have a solid reason for leaving anyways! Had to pick up some shit from uni!  Left office about 1 something and had lunch with Polly, Han and Zion!  Later in the evening, Claire came over to sign a new contract! So cheap @@! The rent is only $115 next year.  But I guess when even the owner claims the house is on its “last legs” I guess it is not so cheap after all.

 

After that I had to rush to the city to meet up with Jim to head to Freo to meet the rest of the peeps!  But Liz and Henry had to work a lil longer so it was only Jim & I walking around Freo market until we saw this guy selling some Thai Dessert.

IMG_4862

mmmmm Looks and Smells really good! The coconut balls were prices @ $5 for 6 which is a decent price!

 

IMG_4863

The balls!  The smell was awesome but the taste hmm somewhat not as good as what I was expecting.  The taste was really blend!  Not sweet in any sense.  Or more like hmm. Do not know how to even describe it @@.

 

After waiting for awhile more the rest of them arrived hoho!   Our meal place was this hidden ramen shop inside the market.  I find these row of food stalls quite cool actually ahah.  Looks very colourful and stuff.

IMG_4865

Freo Market food row.

 

 

IMG_4871

This is their kitchen ahah! It is super small but the food that come out is yums so yeh, its about the quality not the size of the kitchen that matters!  This saying of mine reminds me of  Wagamama which had a large kitchen but the WORST Japanese food I’ve eaten, LIKE EVER. No joke.  Not sure which alien dines there.  Coz they’d probably missing their tongue.

 

IMG_4869

First up was the Takoyaki which are essentially frozen factory octopus balls topped with sauce and that flaky thing!  You get 9 for $6! Not a bad deal really!  I like the way it tastes even though the thing can be bought from the oriental shop!

 

 

IMG_4872

Will was on juggernaut mode today.  He had Ramen no.6 which had Karaage topping in Miso Base EXTRA noodles.  I believe if my parents ordered this they would probably share it @@!

 

IMG_4873

Henry was on juggernaut mode as well but lol.  Look at his noodles HAHAHAH! His dish no.8 did not permit upsizing probably due to the noodles differences.  His was soba! Buckwheat noodles.  He said it tasted AWEEE-some!!

 

IMG_4874

Lastly, this is my Ramen no.4! Soft Pork Slices with Ramen in Miso Base!  It was yums I absolutely love the pork that “melts” in your mouth kind of thing.  Now let us zoom in a bit more:

 

IMG_4875

Mmmmmmmmmmmm lol. Damn nice la dammit! 

 

Overall I’ve been craving for this ramen since like what? 3-4 weeks ago? So sad I only get to eat it now!  Even worse, the boss was not here, as a result the soup did not taste as godly as it normally does.  Felt like it was lacking something!

 

 

After that we headed to TimeZone to burn out some of the fats we’ve or at least I have accumulated during the meal ahah.  But I guess it was pointless because we had something more sinful  to continue our eating spree:

IMG_4887

This was the first chocolate drink I had in Melbourne haha.  And it is almost customary amongst us to have it every time we visit Freo for dinner.

 

IMG_4886

The famous “Churros” or Spanish Doughnuts with melted chocolate dip and Strawberries!

 

That’s all for my trip to Freo! Had fun but pretty damn tired already omigawddd!

 

WenY



Dosukoi Japanese Noodle and Bubble Tea on Urbanspoon

Chocolateria San Churro on Urbanspoon