Nuffnang Ads

Friday, April 17, 2009

1000miles: Second day down south!

IMG_3754

Yesterday we returned both Luke and the car to where they both came from. Different places of course. I hope Luke found his stay in Perth rather enjoying ahah. As for the car, when we returned it the log says that is has only travel 1500+ kilometres which is lesser than my 1000 miles blog post title haha. But oh well, I’ll just keep it there! Weird thing that we travelled so little. I remember travelling 2000kms when I first came down South!  Nonetheless, continuing with my trip down south, we woke up to a morning filled with life as Denmark was having an Easter Carnival. Everyone was up and about as compared to the night before when we drove around the town within 10 minutes and there was not a single soul wandering. There was quite a fair bit of activities to do around there but none of them were interesting. So I decided to go around taking photos of whatever I could can snapped! A little though run through my head when I was taking pictures, why is Denmark not called Canada with the amount of Maple leaves around.

 

IMG_3739

The Carnival was situated near the river which looked very nice with the greeneries around it.

 

IMG_3745

A performance at the Carnival by the local music society

 

IMG_3759

Ice cream in the morning? Woooooo~ Kids are liking it!

 

IMG_3748

After walking awhile it was time to answer my growling tummy. I decided to go with the spud which seemed to be quite favourable with the crowd. I had mine with the LOT. Topped with bacon, coleslaw, sour cream, ham, bacon and diced pineapple.

 

When we decided that we have enjoyed the town of Denmark sufficiently, we packed up and left to our next stop! JAB! Just Another Beach~ Not quite actually! This one differed a little! This beach actually had people surfing there. The weather was good. Strong winds bringing in decent waves for the kids to rock em’.

IMG_3765

rwarrrr!!

 

IMG_3764

Oh yea the flags blowin!

 

After that we drove towards Pemberton.. drive.. drive.. drive.. drive!

IMG_3769

 

After awhile we finally reached one of the attractions! The Toffee factory! But before we go in, there are several traffic rules to obey hoho!

IMG_3781

:P

 

Seeing the kids having ice creams back at Denmark had us craving for some as well! It was a little sour on mine but the rest loved theirs! We also bought some toffees!

IMG_3784

 

After that we headed over to the tree top walk! Cost us 8 bucks each I think! And Yi Heng legendarily drop his ticket down 20 metres! Fortunately the lady was kind enough to allow Yi Heng through ahah.

IMG_3810

rwarrrrrrrr! After that we went to the walk of ages where we did the Toyota feel good jump again haha

IMG_3817 

 

Also a car accident occured:

IMG_3824

 

After walking on the tree top walk, we decided to go lunch!!!! Drove somewhere but I don’t know where ahah. All the town names all damn weird! Nannup, Manjinmup and sort :S!! Confusing maximum!!

 

IMG_3825

Meal time!!

 

IMG_3826

Fish & Chips

 

IMG_3829

Grilled Chicken Burger

 

IMG_3834

Kelvin’s Pizza!

 

IMG_3837

Luke’s!

 

IMG_3840

Fishman’s Holy Smoked Salmon Burger which looked more like the Foccacia I would get in the refractory.

 

The meal there was pretty good! And more importantly, cheap! Costs us 10 bucks each!! After filling our tummies we went to the Circular lake which made us drive our car through a dirt track which was so bumpy that my burger wanted to jump out of my tummy and it also painted rented car red in colour.

IMG_3847

 

IMG_3850

Two opposites! ahaha!! Sexy Fish! Cool Luke!

 

After the circular lake, we drove all the way to a very secluded town before heading to Windy Harbour! A place very dirty place if you’d ask me. The kids there were kinda racist showing us middle fingers. But oh well I guess if I stayed in such a place I might become like them haha. The lack of human interaction!!!! Damn! After that we drove the entire evening to Pemberton and stayed in Kingsley Motel for the night. We had quite a nice dinner which was somewhat fine dining. Did not cost much though. About 30 bucks for a meal which is still expensive compared to city prices! I liked the garlic prawns but the steak was not as good as the one in Denmark.

 

WenY