Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bangkok’s Walking: Traveling Day 1 End!

After the meal we headed back to the hotel, not before a couple of shots of the surrounding though :P!

This is one of Thailand’s main attraction for tourists! The “tut tut” they call it. But with them charging about 150 baht one way, it really is a “tuuuuut tuuuuut”! Who would pay that much money for such a poor ride? A ride in an air conditioned Toyota Altis would not even cost half as expensive in some circumstances!
IMG_3313
This is a random picture of a Thai kid playing along the road while his parents handles the clothing store! He somewhat reminds of me when I was young @.@ I kind of look like him man! OMG lol!
IMG_3314
After a good shower in the hotel we checked out some of the shopping places in town. The shops really impressed with their designs and quality. Most of them would put the t-shirts on a large display wall making it look real cool too!
IMG_3321

After buying some shirts we were out to discover the uncharted.  Uncharted for us at least ahah!Walking through a side alley filled with stall selling products ranging from clothes to dvds to food.
IMG_3325
Quiz : Can you spot the tranny? lol! :D

leave answers in the chat box on the right!! ehehe!

More busy streets along the adventure. And wow! I was amazed by the buses which were super old! You will only find mini buses in M’sia in that kind of state.
IMG_3327

And then I decided I needed a refuel. So we stopped by one of the shops. And automatically, the lady started talking Thai to me! YEAAAAAA! WenY looks like a THAI lol. Let me tell you what the board says ok?
IMG_3328
Drummets – 10 baht, Wings – 6 baht, Wings & Rice – 6 baht, Additional Rice – 5 baht!
IMG_3331

Chicken fryer in action! The chicken was hot and tasted beyond superb! And the drummets were as big as drumsticks! I definitely enjoyed my bite into the chicken. The batter was done with simple marinade if you’d ask my superb tongue. But being charged only a dollar for a large piece of tasty meat is definitely a steal.

IMG_3332
I definitely don’t look like a stationary car when I’m refueling! :D

Later on we walked, walked and walked. I think we walked like 40 kms that day. Maybe even more :S! Thailand’s main religion would be Buddhism! Every where I walked I saw lots and lots of little prayer places like these. And almost every single time there would be people doing their prayers!
IMG_3339
We were definitely knocked out after walking for such a long time. Justin bought a corn and we just chilled in front of Siam Central. One of the larger malls you would find in Bangkok. We also Plat-num Mall that day. And also went to Siam Paragon. And hmm I think we went to other places as well. Just that I cannot recall!
IMG_3342
Yobi and Justin @ Siam Central!!

At night we went back and diner at Side Walk cafe because we got lost after walking for about 2 hours along Thong Lom road @.@ We totally died already!! Paying 100 baht got us from there to the hotel. We were stuck for about an hour in the car though. But okla! 10 ringgit is damn cheap.

The main difference for the dinner was the Thai Fishcake! A 100% thai styled delicacy! Tastes like heaven! Never be fooled by it’s looks! This was definitely the food for the well tongued! Lemon grass flavor that wasn’t to heavy neither was it too weak! Killerrr!
IMG_3351

Day 2 should be up soon!

WenY