Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 5, 2009

Cari Makan: Sek Yuen @ Pudu, Kim Gary @ Sunway Pyramid.

A human cannot simply live without eating. That’s what I call a fact. Even the boy under the tree featured in National Geographic went missing after 7-8 days of “not eating or drinking”. Doesn’t surprise me in anyway. Even I would go missing if I had not eaten anything for 7 days.^^

The Japanese saying “itadakimas” is meaningful in the sense that, you are not saying thank you that you are able to eat in terms monetary values. The gratefulness lies in the fact that a living soul has given up its life to feed you. AND money NOT EQUALS life.

My activities in KL has a lot to do with eating eating and eating. The eating here hmmm can simply divided to good eats and bad eats.So what exactly is a bad eat? Follow on:

Kim Gary @ Sunway Pyramid.

This was their spicy noodles Korean style which Eric ordered. Asked him how was it? He shook his head. But he was not that bad. He said it was “Ok laH” haha. Not so ok from the looks of it. Instant noodles all the way only :S
P1000762

My sister and I ordered Baked Cheese Rice. Something we would have ordered in our younger days (not that I’m very old now) Wa.. this was the Szechuan flavored baked cheese rice. Horribleeeeeeeee! @.@
P1000764 
After the not so good experience @ a place of pricey not good food, we walked around the shopping centre. Lucky us, good bargains had our moods getting happy again!

As for the good food,
Sek Yuen
313 & 315, Jalan Pudu
Kuala Lumpur
Tel : 03-9222 9457

This was the place the Lees decided to meet up last week Friday before my sister and Eric goes back to Perth. This restaurant has been around for many years now. My dad says the restaurant has been here since a long time ago. Possibly since his childhood days.  We’re one of their many customers there that frequent the place for a good Chinese meal. I would have at least a meal there every time I return to M’sia for University holidays!  So what are their kickass dishes?

The must have Pat Po Ngap or treasure in duck perhaps? Chinese like to add treasure to their dish names haha.
P1000801
The inside of the duck is stuffed with mushrooms, beans and chestnuts. Not sure what other secret ingredients they use to make this dish so tasty!
P1000802
Up next is the Mou Tan Har. Mountain Prawns lol? No idea man. But this dish is like the brother from another mother of Prawn fritters. Goes very well with the chili sauce given. Crispy and tasty wahh!!

P1000805
Max damage in this dish. But the pieces at the bottom is on the oily side.

P1000808
This was the fried Hai Chou or crab and pork meat ball wrapped in dried bean curd skin I think. Wah shit man!! I am damn banana.  Felt awesome to pop in my mouth. Very light. More suited as snack rather than dinner material.

I believe my family members savored every bit of the  lovely duck as well as the prawns. There was this fish dish which was a favorite among them but I did not quite enjoy that fish as I’m no fish lover. Fish & chips and some other ones are exceptions though :P

To counter the fats, I’ve started my morning swim routine every Mon, Wed and Friday! Poor me @.@.. Today I woke up at 6.30 to make a swim @ 8. 14 laps was my achievement due to lack of equipments. Ear felt much pain so I think I require ear plugs!

WenY