Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Cari Makan: Fong Fong Yong Tau Foo @ Pekan Ampang, Ampang.

Bringing a Taiwanese around to try food for the last two weeks has been very interesting. Their culture is pretty much different from ours but at the same time their taste of food is fairly indifferent to M’sian Chinese as well.  Their breakfast is supposedly mantou and soya bean milk haha. Oh well we had some soy bean milk last week for breakfast @ Camerons haha. Did we not? Last weekend we popped over to one of the places my family normally goes to when we have a craving for Yong Tau Foo. The place we went to was called Fong Fong Ampang Yong Tau Foo. The most crowded of the row I tell you!!

We practically had to standby at tables while giving people that "Ok, your times up. It’s my turn to eat” feel. Not to mention the heat there was immense. Nonetheless, the consistency I’ve experienced for years has had me keep coming back here for MORE.  After waiting for about 20 minutes we got our seat and ordered our meal :D
P1000776
For the soupy one, my favorite was the brown skinned one! It’s called the chow tau foo? Or fried bean curd. That one tastes totally awesome! The lady fingers were a tad too old according to my mom and sister, but lucky me. That is something I distance myself from!
P1000778
Their fried dumplings were super duper awesome as well! Deep fried dumplings sent me to crunchy heaven! Loved every bit of that lunch. I found it very satisfying! Also I’m a sucker for chili sauce. Had 4 serves of it @.@!!  Albeit the place was inferno, I managed to sustain myself from dehydration thanks to the cold herbal tea (leong cha) which was awesome possum in that heat!

P1000780
This is my sister. And she just can’t get enough  :D



WenY