Nuffnang Ads

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cari Makan: Belly Good a.k.a Pork Lover Paradise.

Pork Lover Paradise as claimed by most people is an overstatement. I think this place has got to do without that tagline till they really do more than serve meat. They need to serve tasty meat. Enough ranting, today I woke up at 6.40am after 2 mere hours of sleep so that I can see my aunt off to the airport :D So tired ~.~  Came back at about 9 and rested till it was time to EAT at about 12! Rwarrrr!!

The lunch place had already been decide beforehand hoho. The place to head to was Belly Good formerly known as Wendy’s Bistro. This place is located opposite Yuen’s Steam boat @ Sunway Mentari OR same row with Cash Converters. Check out this blog (<—click) it’s got the real map there. Reached there and was promptly served by the waitress. The manager was also quick on the menu, she gave us the menu in an instant. Good service if you’d ask me! Mom and dad were not awfully hungry but I was flying light @.@.

First up is their Portobello Shrooms stuffed with Cheddar and Bacon. Hmmm I don’t think it is worth it for a serving of two @ $12.50!! I can easily buy these raw, rub it with olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt before topping it with aged cheddar and bacon slices before roasting it in the oven. All from local grocers in Aussie :D But okla.. the taste so-so. Nothing to shout about.
IMG_3154

We ordered a large pork belly @ $24.90 to share:
IMG_3151
I liked the well proportioned fat-meat serving. Not all lean and dry, neither was it all greased with fats. I did not quite like the sauce because it was a bit sweet. Should put the rib’s Manipur sauce instead! Their coleslaw was quite a treat for a coleslaw fan like me but the mash was errr? Nothing to shout about.
We also ordered a Large Pork Ribs @ $28.90 to share as well!
IMG_3157
This is where disaster starts at Wendy’s Bistro. Wendy’s Bistro ribs is of course meaty and “worth the money”. But the problem is the meat was tough. Had to be a savage to get the meat off. Not to mention the oversize chunks of meat had to be dipped in sauce over and over again to get it tasty. This is where Wendy’s Bistro failed me. Other than that I pretty much fine with everything else. Loved the Pork Belly :D Coleslaw serving was too small to neutralize the meaty feast.

This meal set us back about Rm76 in total. 2 entree 1 appetizer and water for 3 :D

Other than that today was hibernation day in preparation for my swim tomorrow!!

WenY